Adiabatic humidifiers / Evaporative Cooling
Centrifugal humidifiers – humiDisk
- Simplicity: requires just the 230 Vac power supply and the mains water and drain lines; operation is ON/OFF;
- hygienically safe: very small water tank, just 55 ml; washing procedure at unit start; emptying at the end of the humidification cycle; washing procedure at the beginning of every cycle (with CAREL control panel only);
- modularity: 1 or 2 humiDisk65 units can be controlled in parallel using the special control panel, or up to 10 humiDisk10 units using the CAREL humidistat
The CAREL solutions developed using the latest ultrasound technology can guarantee numerous benefits in many applications:
- energy saving: just 10% of the power consumption of steam humidifiers;
- reliability: 10,000 hours of uninterrupted operation guaranteed;
- precision: relative humidity control of ±1% on the set point;
- absorption efficiency: the droplets, just 1 µm in size, evaporate instantly;
- easy installation: in the basic configuration, humiSonic is a plug & play solution;
- maximum hygiene: no water recirculation and periodical washing cycles.
The new humiSonic range comprises two versions, meeting the needs of all applications: humiSonic compact, small enough to be installed on a fan coil, and humiSonic direct, for room distribution.
Ultrasonic humidifiers feature a small water storage tank and piezoelectric transducers installed at the bottom of the tank. The surface of the transducer vibrates at very high speed (1.65 million times a second), a speed that does not allow the water to move due to its inertial mass. During the negative amplitude of the transducer cycle, a sudden void is created that brings about the production of microscopic bubbles, which are pushed to the surface of the water during the positive amplitude of the cycle. This effect is called cavitation.
During this process, the resulting intersecting sound waves created directly underneath the surface of the water cause very small droplets of water to separate, forming a fine mist of vapour that is immediately absorbed by the flow of air.
This ultrasound technology applied to CAREL air humidification solutions is efficient, reliable and versatile:
- efficient, as ultrasonic humidifiers guarantee energy savings of 90% when compared to ordinary steam generators;
- reliable, as humiSonic is guaranteed for 10,000 operating hours when running on demineralised water;
- versatile, thanks to the size of the droplets produced (average diameter of 5 µm). This fundamental characteristic guarantees very fast absorption of the atomised water in the room or duct, avoiding possible condensation.
- high capacity: applications in rooms or ducts where more than 230 kg/h of humidification is required, and thus more than one mc cabinet. The control signals (probes, external signals, limit probe) are connected to the master only. The master and the slaves generate a humidification/cooling capacity that is proportional to demand and their capacity. This allows systems to be developed with a capacity up to 1380 kg/h;
- multizone applications: applications in multiple zones, rooms or ducts, each with its own humidity/temperature set point. All the parameters, status information and messages for all the cabinets can be viewed and edited from the user interface on the master. Installations in large spaces can be divided into zones, each with their own humidity/temperature probe, using the multizone master slave system.
- Automatic nozzle self-cleaning system: each cabinet, master and slave, periodically activates a cycle for drying and cleaning the atomising nozzles. A special cleaning piston inside the nozzle is periodically pressed, by a spring, into the opening of the nozzle, removing any mineral salts and considerably reducing the need for cleaning.
Compressed air humidifiers are the ideal humidification solution whenever a compressed air supply is available, as is the case in many industrial applications, even if humidification systems are often fitted with a dedicated air compressor. The humidifier essentially consists of a cabinet fitted with electronic controller that, using two independent connection pipe networks, supplies the spray nozzles with compressed air and water at the ideal pressure for instant operating conditions. The units can be installed inside an AHU or directly in the room where humidity needs to be controlled. The greatest advantage of these atomisers is the minute dimensions of the droplets produced and their thorough mixing in the compressed air that, due to its speed, distributes the aerosol in the room and consequently allows quick absorption. These units can therefore be readily used for direct cooling in rooms, and are ideal for the textile industry, wood and paper processing, and storerooms, where there is almost always a supply of compressed air.
mc multizone features an electronic controller that manages the supply of water and compressed air to the nozzles.
Water atomisation is managed by an external control signal or, in the case of stand-alone control, so as to maintain the humidity/temperature set point. The unit also manages a series of automatic cycles, such as nozzle cleaning and washing.
The system has the ability to control humidity independently in multiple zones (rooms, AHUs, cold rooms) using a masterslave layout. The layout has one master and multiple slaves (up to 5) connected in a pLAN. The master is fitted with a display for accessing the readings, viewing the status and messages on the master and slaves. The slaves have their own internal controller and can be set to continue operating even if connection to the master is interrupted.
- very low power consumption: consumes just 4W per l/h capacity, less than 1% of any steam humidifier.
- summer/winter operation: humidifies the air during winter, cools the air in summer by direct and indirect evaporative cooling.
- choice of models available: single zone or multizone to best satisfy different requirements.
- high capacity: standard models are available with capacities from 100 to 600 kg/h and custom models up to 5000 kg/h.
- maximum hygiene: suitable for all applications that require a high level of hygiene.
- “silicon free” version available with steel pump for painting applications.
Pressurised water humidifiers exploit the potential energy transferred to the water by a special volumetric pump in the form of high pressure (generally 70 bars), so as to achieve very fine atomisation through special nozzles.
The most common application of these humidifiers is in AHUs, where the pressurised water distribution system is installed. In industrial environments for processing wood or paper, or in the textiles industry, systems are often used to distribute atomised water directly into the rooms. As well as humidity control, pressurised water atomisers are the best solution for fully exploiting the potential offeredby evaporative cooling, both direct and indirect, inside AHUs or in rooms, as in the case of industrial facilities and large public spaces, such as metropolitan railway stations and airports.
One crucial aspect is the hygiene that pressurised water humidifiers must guarantee in the application where they are used. Management of washing cycles, the materials used and the configuration of the atomised water distribution system are the main features that guarantee CAREL humidifiers comply with the strictest hygiene regulations in force (VDI6022). humiFog multizone represents the new generation in high pressure atomised water humidifiers.
A volumetric pump sends water at high pressure to a distribution system made up of nozzles that atomise the water into very fine droplets, which can be absorbed by the air in a very short space.
The only energy humiFog consumes is used to power the water pump, just 4 watts for every l/h of capacity. Cooling in summer is provided by lowering air enthalpy, while humidification in winter has the advantage of being able to use thermal energy at low temperature. Power consumption is thus minimised. In addition, an inverter is used to modulate pump speed, meaning both more precise control and even lower power consumption.
Adiabatic Atomizer Humidifier
- energy saving with very low return on the investment
- easy to install and to use, simply control chillBooster with a remote on/off
- flexible shape and capacity of the distribution system thanks to a very wide range of accessories available
- management of solenoid drain valves to drain the piping
chillBooster can be used during summer, for maximum global energy saving, or it can be used to cut the peaks of maximum load on hot days, to maximise the efficiency of the chiller. As well as for retrofit applications, you can consider the effect of chillBooster also during the planning stage, by selecting the smallest, cheapest chiller with the lowest energy consumption. chillBooster is available in the capacities: 100, 500 and 1000 l/h. The nozzles have a capacity of 5 – 7.5 – 15 l/h. chillBooster can be used both with demineralized water and mains water, provided that the conductivity of the latter is not less than certain values.